Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Grand Adventure

I think that is a great way to describe it: The Grand Adventure. Glad and I have decided to embark on a wild adventure together as we pursue a romantic relationship. Our friendship has grown in deep ways over the last six months, and we have both realized more and more that we really like each other. This decision comes at a high price, though, because we as a house have always held a no dating our housemates policy. I have decided to move out of the house so that I can pursue Glad. We have spent many months trying to figure out how to live together with healthy boundaries in our friendship. We have tried not really hanging out and kind of avoiding each other. We have experienced seasons of frustration and great joy. Glad and I have shared our hearts with Justin and Sarah and they have been huge supports as we have tried to find healthy ways of loving each other while we live together. After many prayers, thoughts, and conversations, Glad and I agreed that we longed to let our lives and the way we interacted reflect our hearts. I am filled with joy to think of pursuing Glad. She is a rare woman. I often find myself lost in the depth of her beauty, wisdom, kindness, and love. I am also sad to leave the Sumner house and the unique relationships we all share as we strive to express live in community. I guess this is what adventure means--Joys and sorrows, traveling to new places and leaving others. My time at the house has changed me for life. The friendships I share with Glad, Sarah, and Justin have shaped who I am and helped determine who I will be. I find solace in the knowledge we share more than just a house, we share a life and a love that will continue to thrive beyond the walls of 2917 NE Sumner. And now, for the adventure . . .

3 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading love letters.

Scotty, I can tell you that you have impacted the women in that house in powerful ways throught your wisdom and kindness.

I'm so excited to see where God takes you and Glad.

you always have a room at the Goff Inn.

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah. cool.

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, I'm happy that you and Glad are taking this step. I have a lot of respect for both of you.

Stephen B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home